History of OnePlus Brand
OnePlus is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer founded in December 2013 by former Oppo Vice President Pete Lau and Carl Pei. The company aims to create smartphones that are powerful, user-friendly, and affordable. OnePlus gained popularity with the launch of its flagship phone, the OnePlus One, in 2014, which offered high-end features at mid-range prices. Since then, the company has released several smartphones, including the OnePlus 2, OnePlus 3, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 8.
Apart from smartphones, OnePlus has also released other products, such as earphones, backpacks, and televisions. The company has expanded into the smart home market with the launch of the OnePlus Home app. OnePlus has become a popular brand due to its high-quality devices at affordable prices. The company’s commitment to providing a great user experience has helped it build a loyal following among tech enthusiasts.
How does OnePlus Marketing create an Opportunity?
Here’s how OnePlus marketing creates opportunities:
- Product Innovation: OnePlus has always been known for its innovative products. The company always tries to bring new technology and features to its smartphones. For example, OnePlus was the first company to introduce a phone with a 90Hz refresh rate. This approach helps the company to differentiate itself from the competition, making it easier to market its products.
- Creating a Buzz: OnePlus creates a buzz around its product launches. The company uses social media platforms to tease its upcoming products and generate hype among its followers. It creates a sense of anticipation and excitement among its audience, which translates into increased sales.
- Building a Community: OnePlus has built a community of loyal customers who promote the brand on social media platforms. The company regularly engages with its community and takes their feedback into account when developing new products. This approach has helped OnePlus to create a strong brand identity and customer loyalty.
- Influencer Marketing: OnePlus uses influencer marketing to reach a wider audience. The company collaborates with popular social media influencers to promote its products. This approach helps OnePlus to tap into the influencer’s followers and reach a new audience.
- Competitive Pricing: OnePlus has always priced its products competitively. The company offers high-end features at a lower price point than its competitors, making its products more accessible to a wider audience. This approach has helped OnePlus to gain market share and grow its customer base.
One plus competitors Analysis
Here’s a brief analysis of OnePlus’s competitors:
- Samsung: Samsung is one of the biggest smartphone manufacturers in the world. It has a wide range of products across various price points. Samsung’s high-end devices compete with OnePlus’s flagship phones. Samsung has a strong brand identity and a large marketing budget, which gives it an advantage over OnePlus. However, OnePlus’s pricing strategy and focus on innovation help it stand out from Samsung.
- Apple: Apple is known for its premium devices and loyal customer base. Apple’s iPhones are the most expensive smartphones in the market, and they compete with OnePlus’s high-end devices. Apple has a strong brand identity and a loyal customer base, which gives it an advantage over OnePlus. However, OnePlus’s pricing strategy and focus on innovation can attract customers who are looking for high-end features at a more affordable price point.
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer that has gained popularity in recent years. Xiaomi’s smartphones offer high-end features at an affordable price point, which makes them a direct competitor to OnePlus. Xiaomi has a strong presence in the Indian and Chinese markets, which are important markets for OnePlus as well. However, OnePlus’s focus on innovation and product quality helps it stand out from Xiaomi.
- Huawei: Huawei is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer that has gained popularity in recent years. Huawei’s smartphones offer high-end features and premium design, which makes them a direct competitor to OnePlus’s high-end devices. However, Huawei’s recent legal troubles have impacted its reputation and sales, which can be an advantage for OnePlus.
How OnePlus marketing strategies are designed?
The company’s marketing strategies are designed to differentiate itself from its competitors and appeal to a tech-savvy audience. Here’s how OnePlus marketing strategies are designed:
- Product Focus: OnePlus’s marketing strategies are designed around its products. The company focuses on creating innovative products that offer high-end features at a lower price point than its competitors. The company’s marketing campaigns focus on highlighting the unique features and design of its products.
- Social Media: OnePlus’s marketing strategies heavily rely on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. The company uses these platforms to engage with its customers, generate buzz around its product launches, and promote its products. The company has a strong presence on social media, with a dedicated following that promotes its brand.
- Community Building: OnePlus’s marketing strategies focus on building a community of loyal customers. The company regularly engages with its customers on social media and takes their feedback into account when developing new products. The company also hosts events and meetups where customers can interact with each other and with the company’s representatives.
- Influencer Marketing: OnePlus’s marketing strategies include influencer marketing. The company collaborates with social media influencers to promote its products to a wider audience. The company selects influencers who align with its brand values and target audience.
- Content Marketing: OnePlus’s marketing strategies include content marketing. The company creates engaging content such as videos, blog posts, and infographics that highlight its products’ unique features and benefits. This approach helps the company to build a strong brand identity and educate its audience about its products.
OnePlus Top Digital Marketing Campaigns
OnePlus has run several successful digital marketing campaigns to promote its products and build brand awareness. Here are some of the top campaigns:
- #NeverSettle: The #NeverSettle campaign was launched in 2014 and became the company’s tagline. The campaign aimed to differentiate OnePlus from its competitors and appeal to a tech-savvy audience. The campaign featured images and videos of people pushing themselves to achieve their goals, with the tagline “Never Settle”.
- The OnePlus 7T AR Unboxing: In 2019, OnePlus launched the OnePlus 7T AR Unboxing campaign, which used augmented reality to create an interactive unboxing experience for customers. The campaign allowed customers to scan a QR code and see a 3D version of the phone in their own environment.
- The OnePlus World: In 2020, OnePlus launched a virtual event platform called The OnePlus World. The platform was designed to bring together OnePlus’s community and offer an interactive experience. The platform featured product launches, live events, and virtual showrooms.
- OnePlus 5 Launch: In 2017, OnePlus launched the OnePlus 5 with a digital campaign that included a live launch event on YouTube. The campaign generated a lot of buzz on social media and helped the company to build excitement around its new product.
- #ShotonOnePlus: In 2019, OnePlus launched the #ShotonOnePlus campaign, which aimed to promote the camera capabilities of its products. The campaign encouraged customers to share their photos taken on OnePlus devices on social media using the hashtag #ShotonOnePlus.
SWOT Analysis of OnePlus Marketing Tactics
SWOT analysis of OnePlus’s marketing tactics:
- Innovative product offerings at an affordable price point, which helps the company differentiate itself from competitors.
- Strong social media presence and engagement with customers, which helps build brand awareness and loyalty.
- Collaborations with social media influencers, which helps expand the brand’s reach and appeal to a wider audience.
- Limited marketing budget compared to larger competitors, which can limit the company’s ability to execute large-scale campaigns.
- Reliance on word-of-mouth and organic social media growth, which can be slower than other forms of advertising.
- Expansion into new markets, such as emerging economies where there is a demand for affordable high-end smartphones.
- Development of new product lines, such as smartwatches or other wearable technology.
- Partnership with other companies in the technology industry to expand its product offerings and reach.
- Competition from larger, more established smartphone brands such as Samsung and Apple.
- Rapid changes in technology and consumer preferences, which can impact the company’s ability to stay relevant and innovate.
- Economic downturns or other external factors that may impact consumer spending habits.
OnePlus Nord CE3 Lite
The OnePlus Nord CE3 Lite is next flagship device from the company and available in two colors (Neon and Black). OnePlus Nord CE3 Lite, on the other hand, is a budget-friendly version of the existing OnePlus Nord CE 5G. It is expected to feature a 6.43-inch AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate, a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 695 Chipset processor, and 5G connectivity. The device also have a 108 MP camera system, including a Oxygens OS 13.1, Large 17.07cm (6.72”) 120 Hz Display, Dual Stereo Speakers and 67W SUPERVOOC Endurance Edition. Other potential features include a 5,000 mAh Battery with fast charging and up to 8GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. It’s initial cost starting from Rs 19,999 INR.